Information for First Time Patients and Billing Options
What to Bring to Your Appointment
- Your medical insurance cards and photo identification card (required)
- A list of your current medications (with dosages), including any over-the-counter medications or supplements you have taken in the past six months
- Any forms that need to be completed
- Any referrals required by your insurance company
- Medical Records
First -Time Patient
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment to allow for registration and paperwork
- To save time, please fill out our new patient registration form and bring it with you. If you gave us an email address, you should have received an invitation to join the patient portal. Once you register for the portal, you can also access the portal from this website. All of the needed forms are available on the portal for you to fill out. Please print the forms that correspond to your visit and make sure to fill them out completely and bring them with you to your appointment.
- Please make sure to have your insurance card and a photo identification card with you
- Before your first appointment, call your previous doctor's office and have your records forwarded to our office
Your cooperation in arriving on time for your appointment helps us stay on schedule. We respect the time of our patients and our provider strives to stay on schedule so that you don't have to wait long. If you arrive late for your appointment, we will try to fit you in as best we can. However, you may be asked to wait or on occasion, be asked to reschedule your appointment. We strive to provide each patient with the highest quality care. In the event that our schedule is delayed, please be reassured that you will also get personalized attention during your appointment.
If you must cancel your appointment for any reason, please contact our office at least 24 hours in advance. Early cancellation will allow us to offer the appointment to another patient to have access to timely medical care.
Billing & Insurance
At A New Life OB/GYN of Broward we are committed to providing excellent health care for everyone. Financial hardships should never stop you from getting the medical care you need. Please consult our office manager.
For your convenience, A New Life OB/GYN of Broward, LLC is part of Florida Woman Care, LLC and accepts most major insurance plans: HMO, PPO, POS, EPO, Medicare and Tricare, including Covered Florida Exchange plans (Obamacare). Unfortunately, we do not accept Blue Select, Preferred Care Options (Medicare Replacement Plan), Medica, and Careplus Health Plan (Medicare Replacement Plan).
We do accept cash, personal checks, and most credit cards as well as "Flex and HSA" cards.
At the time of your visit you will be responsible to pay your specialist co-pay, coinsurance, past due balances and/or any unmet deductible amounts at the time of service. We are also happy to file your claim for you, but any remaining balances are your responsibility if your insurance company or plan does not pay after 30 days. Any amount not covered by your insurance policy is due immediately after you receive your first invoice from us.
We will bill your secondary insurance provider directly. You will be asked to sign an Advanced Beneficiary Notice for service not covered under Medicare.
Please make sure to verify that your insurance is in-network, Tax ID # 26 0609255. We encourage that you also become familiar with your insurance plan benefits as benefits may change. Payments collected at the time of your office visit may not reflect the total payment due and are only estimates of what your total bill may be since we are at the mercy of your insurance company to arrive at these estimates.
For all visits we bill your insurance provider directly. If your insurance has changed please notify or provide us with your current information prior to your scheduled appointment. Please make sure to bring your insurance card with you to your appointment; we will need to take a copy of the new information printed on your insurance card.
Below are the following insurance company's A New Life OB/GYN of Broward accepts. If you do not see your insurance plan listed below, A New Life OB/GYN of Broward may still be a participant in your plan. Please contact the customer service number located on the back of your insurance card or please reach out to our office manager.
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- United Health Care
COVERED FLORIDA EXCHANGE PLANS (OBAMACARE)
- Coventry Carelink (Platinum, Silver, Gold, Bronze)
- Humana HMOx
Humana HMO PPO PLANS
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Beech Street
- Blue Shield
- Coventry Healthcare
- Tricare Standard
- United Healthcare
- National Healthplan (NHP)